A Little Taste of Everything in Alamance County
With a population of just 150,000, Alamance county is cozy and personable, but still home to a plethora of exciting attractions, events, and cities. From historical sites to lush countryside parks to thriving downtown areas to exciting community events, Alamance County offers a little taste of everything.
Cities in Alamance County include Burlington, Graham, Mebane, Elon, Gibsonville, Green Level, Haw River, Swepsonville, Ossipee, and Alamance. Other incorporated communities within the county include, but are not limited to Saxaphaw, Woodlawn, Snow Camp, Glencoe, and Bellemont.
Top Communities in Alamance County
With over 50,000 residents, Burlington is easily the largest city and central point of Alamance County. Amusement parks, lakes and marinas, special events, thriving downtown excitement, theatrical events and productions, even minor-league baseball… This is just the beginning of what Burlington has to offer. Live quietly on the outskirts or in the midst of it all—either way you’ll enjoy all that Burlington has to offer.
This “City in Transition” is conveniently located in the heart of the Piedmont area, placing it within reach of two major airports and several major cities, including Raleigh, Durham, and Greensboro. With a population of just over 10,000, the city of Mebane embraces the sense of small-town community that makes it truly unique and welcoming even as it embraces new growth and modern change.
As the County Seat of Alamance County, Graham is home to both the county government, and plenty of its town attractions and amenities. With just under 15,000 people, Graham still rests comfortably in the realm of small-town community, though with major events, such as the annual Arts Around the Square, a bustling downtown, and plenty of historic and modern attractions, Graham offers more than your typical small town.
Explore some of the top attractions of Alamance County!
- Alamance Battleground State Historic Site: Step back through time to pre-Revolutionary War days when farmers and militiamen met at this historic site.
- Cedarock Park: This lush rural park is the site of a small historic farm and offers miles of trails, a waterfall, a fishing lake, and two disc golf courses.
- Company Shops Depot: Once a hub of railway activity during the mid-1800’s, it is now a hotspot for community events and lingering remnants of history.
- Golf: Beautiful courses throughout the region offer lush fairways and stunning views from courses that offer a challenge to all skill levels.
- Paramount Theatre: Located in Downtown Burlington, this restored historic theatre is home to the Gallery Players and is Burlington’s center for the arts.
- Snow Camp Outdoor Theatre: Enjoy world-class outdoor theatre productions in the beautiful community of Snow Camp.
Alamance County Real Estate
Find your dream home in one of the beautiful communities of Alamance County. Contact expert Piedmont Triad real estate agents at NextHome In The Triad today for more information on real estate and homes for sale in Alamance County.